Green Map
Welcome to the Jerusalem Green Map!
Sustainable Jerusalem Teva
Subject : Neighb.:
NO TRANSLATION
Suggest  a new site
Nature
Sustainable Living
Culture & Society
Amphibian Habitat
Water Feature
Special Tree
Special Garden
Spring Blossoms
Insect Watching Site
Public Forest / Natural Area
Natural Corridor
Park/ Recreation Area
Bird & Wildlife Watching
Open Space
Scenic Vista
Dog Run
Community Garden
Compost Site
Public Transportation
Organic/ Local Food
Scientific Research Site
Bicycle Shop
Reuse Shop/Market
Healthy Dining
Eco Products
Recycling
Cultural Site
Community Center
Eco Information
Eco Organization
Significant Organization
Green School
Online Resource
Public Library
Museum
Social Service
Historical Feature
Image In Stone
Historical Feature
Previous
Next
Map

Anna Ticho House

Built in 1864 by a Persian contractor for a rich Arab dignitary, the house was one of the first in Jerusalem built outside the old city walls. A visit to the landmark building provides a rare opportunity to view authentic Ottoman architecture. In 1924 the house was bought by Dr. Albert Ticho and his wife Anna. They converted the lower storey into an eye clinic which served the population of Jerusalem until Dr. Ticho’s death in 1960. Anna, his assistant, was also an acclaimed landscape artist. Throughout their long lives, the Tichos were active in Jerusalem’s social and cultural life. Anna Ticho received many honorary titles and awards, including the Israel Prize in 1980. As a token of her love for Jerusalem, she bequeathed the house, its collections and library to the people of the city, to serve as a public center for art. Today, thehouseserves as a museum and cafe restaurant

City Center
7 Harav Kook St., City Center
Phone: 02-6244186
All rights reserved
designed by Studio karamel   |  developed by entry