Green Map
Welcome to the Jerusalem Green Map!
Sustainable Jerusalem Teva
Subject : Neighb.:
NO TRANSLATION
Suggest  a new site
Nature
Sustainable Living
Culture & Society
Amphibian Habitat
Water Feature
Special Tree
Special Garden
Spring Blossoms
Insect Watching Site
Public Forest / Natural Area
Natural Corridor
Park/ Recreation Area
Bird & Wildlife Watching
Open Space
Scenic Vista
Dog Run
Community Garden
Compost Site
Public Transportation
Organic/ Local Food
Scientific Research Site
Bicycle Shop
Reuse Shop/Market
Healthy Dining
Eco Products
Recycling
Cultural Site
Community Center
Eco Information
Eco Organization
Significant Organization
Green School
Online Resource
Public Library
Museum
Social Service
Historical Feature
Image In Stone
Historical Feature
Previous
Next
Map

Meah Shearim Yeshiva

Located in the Meah Shearim quarter of Jerusalem, the yeshiva, or Talmud Torah, was established in 1885. During the British Mandate, the building served as the headquarters of the Mizrahi Movement in Jerusalem. The study hall on the second floor has a magnificent painted ceiling with depictions of Jewish holy places, the Jewish holidays, biblical animals and memorials for the deceased. The artist, Yitzhak Beck, carried out the work on special scaffoldings built for him in 1950. He also painted the columns in antique grey-white hues to look like marble.

Meah Shearim
1 Yeshuot Ya’akov St.
All rights reserved
designed by Studio karamel   |  developed by entry