Green Map
Welcome to the Jerusalem Green Map!
Sustainable Jerusalem Teva
Subject : Neighb.:
NO TRANSLATION
Suggest  a new site
Nature
Sustainable Living
Culture & Society
Amphibian Habitat
Water Feature
Special Tree
Special Garden
Spring Blossoms
Insect Watching Site
Public Forest / Natural Area
Natural Corridor
Park/ Recreation Area
Bird & Wildlife Watching
Open Space
Scenic Vista
Dog Run
Community Garden
Compost Site
Public Transportation
Organic/ Local Food
Scientific Research Site
Bicycle Shop
Reuse Shop/Market
Healthy Dining
Eco Products
Recycling
Cultural Site
Community Center
Eco Information
Eco Organization
Significant Organization
Green School
Online Resource
Public Library
Museum
Social Service
Historical Feature
Image In Stone
Historical Feature
Previous
Next
Map

B’nei Brith Library

 The B'nai Brith library, founded in Jerusalem in 1902, was the first public library in Palestine to serve the Jewish community. Located on B'nai Brith Street, between the Meah Shearim neighborhood and the Russian Compound, it served as an important cultural and educational center in Jerusalem for decades. Ten years later, the Midrash Abrabanel library, as it was then known, moved to Ethiopia Street. In 1920, when plans were drawn up for the Hebrew University, the B'nai Brith collection became the basis for the National Library. The books were moved to Mount Scopus when the university opened five years later.

Geula
18 B’nei Brith St., Geula
All rights reserved
designed by Studio karamel   |  developed by entry